The first workpackage in this project was compiling examples of good practice for educational opportunities in the sense of MobileBE, i.e. unconventional approaches to providing basic education to adults who are facing hardship or restrictions to attend ordinary courses.
Here is a list of what we found as good practice in our vicinity (the respective countries, regions or cities).
This is of course not an exhaustive list of what is being done in the respective countries. The list rather reflects what a) we found would fit the core idea of MobileBE and b) we had access to in the shortage of time (as this is not a full-scale academic project anyway).
[Note: So far we publish here simply the list. Later, more information will be added on these examples of good practice. ]
Germany (Partner 1)
- DE01 – Literacy training hidden in a healthy cooking course
- DE03 – Cycling and literacy
- DE03 – Maths for construction workers
- DE04 – Literacy and basic education for mothers in the kindergarten
Austria (Partner 2)
- AT01 – Basic Education via Learning German as a Second Language
- AT02 – Basic Education via “Mama learns German”
- AT03 – Migration Kompetenz Alphabetisierung (MIKA)
- AT04 – Quick steps: Effective, small steps and learner-centred Basic Education facilities
Spain (Partner 3)
- ES01 – Adunare Foundation Adult Education Center
- ES02 – Meeting of adult education participants
- ES03 – Mentor Aula (E-Learning Project)
- ES04 – Secondary Education Programme
Bulgaria (Partner 4)
- BG01 – The refugee project: language training for refugees in Sofia
- BG02 – Amalipe Center for Interethnic Dialogue
- BG03 – Provide non-formal training in Bulgarian and Mathematics to people sentenced to Probation without or low education
- BG4 – Donate an Hour” – new technologies for elderly people.
France (Partner 5)
- FR01 – Second chance to find fulfilment in work - Refresher training for employees of three integration workshops in Brittany
- FR02 – Reading, Writing, and Counting (L. E. C) (in Cherbourg)
- FR03 – Cles en main: a unique device in the cleaning sector
- FR04 – “Ouvrir l’école aux parents” Opening school to parents (Carpentras)
Italy (Partner 6)
- IT01 – Fuori la lingua - Out your tongue!
- IT02 – Opera con Calabria - Recover social and basic skills in a training enterprise
- IT03 – Vocational training of detainees
- IT04 – Cotti in Fragranza - Basic education of young prisoners in a bakery
Germany (Partner 7)
- DE05 – ABCami - Literacy training in the mosque
- DE06 – GO Niedersachsen (GO Lower Saxony)
- DE07 – KOMPASS: Literacy training for employees in nursing homes.
- DE08 – Family literacy project (VHS Oldenburg)
Sweden (Partner 8)
Pilot projects presented briefly
Christian Geiselmann, Volkshochschule Hannover (Germany)
Jazmin Petersson, Västerås folkhögskola, Sweden
Claudia Ducange, Fondacione Casa di Carità, Torino
Gundula Laudin, Volkshochschule Göttingen Osterode
Saray Baquedano, Centro Público de Educación de Adultos, Cariñena/Zaragoza
Herbert Depner, Die Wiener Volkshochschulen (Austria)
Svilen Andreev, Združenie “Znanie”, Loveč
Sébastien Dubost, INFREP, Cherbourg, France (Institut National de Formation et de Recherche sur…